· Working to promote quality, locally produced food on our campus and in our community.
We are guided and sponsored by the Russian River Convivium.
WHY WE CARE
· Farm workers are the most exploited labor force in the American economy.
· Our food production system is extremely fragile and is showing signs that it may collapse.
· Food is a culture-creator. It brings people together.
· Food not only nourishes: it gives us pleasure.
Click here to learn about the Manifesto on Climate Change and the Future of Food Security
Click here to learn about the Slow Food Ark of Taste
*Devour a locally-sourced lunch* *Relax on a campus lawn*
*Enjoy music and distinguished speakers* *Meet new friends*
It's all happening at Good Eats & Music on October 11 at Sonoma State University!
Join us for a fun-filled afternoon on campus. You'll hear from guest speakers including CA Assembly Person Noreen Evans, Slow Food USA President Josh Viertel, Sonoma State University President Dr. Ruben Arminana, and author Mark Arax. Enjoy the musical entertainment of local bands *Open Market *and *Blue Shift*, and learn more about local Slow Food projects from volunteer leaders.
There are two ticket options:
Attend the entire afternoon (12-5pm) and pay $38 - students pay $25
Attend only entertainment and speakers (2-5pm) for just $5!
*Purchase your tickets today at: www.brownpapertickets.com/event/80256
If attending the lunch, please purchase tickets no later than October 5.
We hope to see you on October 11!
- ▼ 2009 (19)